$6,000 Donated to Russellville Family Resource and Youth Service Centers
October 29, 2020
Russellville Independent Schools is grateful for a $6,000 donation presented to the Family Resource and Youth Service Centers (FRYSCs) at the October Board of Education Meeting. The donation was landed by Board Chairman, James Milam and presented to Carol Kees and Debbie Browder on October 20, 2020. Mrs. Kees and Mrs. Browder serve as the coordinators for the FRYSCs at Russellville Independent Schools.
The Family Resource and Youth Service Centers are funded through the Cabinet of Health and Family Services. Grant money awarded to each FRYSC is based upon the free/reduced lunch count at each school. The grant funds provide salaries to the FRYSC coordinators and helps support all of the programming that the Family Resource Centers are able to provide to the students and families of Russellville. A few of the most well-known programs or services that FRYSCs provide are:
- transportation for after school services,
- supplies and food for Red Ribbon Week activities,
- backpack program and other needed school supplies,
- fatherhood materials for new dads,
- personal hygiene items, and
- home visits to families that are not able to attend school functions and/or family nights.
Again, a special thank you to Mr. James Milam and his continued efforts to serve the students and families of Russellville Independent Schools.